What to Expect at Your First Visit
We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs.
We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we reserve time during the exam for full diagnostic records. The records include photos and one ultra low-dose 3D X-ray, all of which are necessary for developing the appropriate diagnosis and customized treatment plan.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption, or other events have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
We can answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, and will address specific areas of concern after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
After the exam, we will be able to discuss your customized treatment options, time frames, and affordable financial arrangements. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of, and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic or 3D X-ray taken within the past six months
- Your insurance card if you have orthodontic insurance; if you can provide this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
We believe that good orthodontic care begins with open communication. We promise to speak candidly with you about our diagnosis and recommendations, any alternative treatments, and any symptoms that may require further treatment. Working together, we can achieve a true partnership, with one common goal: helping you achieve a beautiful, confident smile that will last you a lifetime!